Friends: Introducing Natalie Lymer of Cinderberry Stitches

Continuing our Designers series, today we introduce Natalie Lymer of Cinderberry Stitches.

Tell us about you

I am a thirty 'and a bit' year old designer and Mother of one, I feel very fortunate to be able to design and work from home while raising our daughter. My 'pre baby days' were spent working in the Insurance industry behind a computer in the claims department, now I love the freedom of being able to sketch and design at anytime of the day.


How did Cinderberry Stitches come about?
I have always been interested in drawing and always seemed to have a pencil in my hand as a child, when I discovered quilting and patchwork back in 1995 I put my pencils away and thought I might never draw again. It was when my niece was born I decided to sketch a design to stitch because I couldn't find exactly what I was after - looking back this was the very early beginnings of Cinderberry Stitches.


Tell us about your products
I love to create a imaginative world with my drawings, something a little different and quirky then combine these ideas with easily achievable projects.


What is your favorite product?
My favorite product is always the last one I have completed I guess because it is new, and fresh so at the moment it would be Me & My Shadow. The elfin like girls just make me smile and I am sure they will appear again in future projects, the inspiration for these came from a quick walk around the river with Isabelle where we stopped to collect gum nuts and leaves.



Where do you find inspiration for new products/designs?
For me inspiration is everywhere, from illustrations in children's books, movies, garden walks and time with the Family. I often jot a little note or one word so that in the evening I can sit down quietly and create with this in mind. Often just one word or idea is enough and my imagination gets carried away. I love the early beginnings of designing where anything is possible with paper and pencil.


What does the future hold for Cinderberry Stitches?
There are so many things I would like to accomplish and opportunities to look towards in the future I guess you never know what is around the corner.


I am currently working on a special idea I have been dream of for what seems like forever, of course you will hear about in due course (just keep an eye out on my blog).


Don't forget to check out the range of fun and inspiring Cinderberry Stitches patterns at Patterns Only.


No comments:

Post a Comment