The next winner of our Creative Challenge was the lovely Kylie from Sew fun by Kylie.
Kylie took some fabulous pictures along the way and has also provided lots of helpful hints
Woodlands Peasant Dress - Using the Monkeysbug Ashbury Peasant Top
(extended into a dress)
Next is the Skirt piece - this is the full width of the fabric + two extra panels (next time I would use more width in the skirt so I can gather it up more - more twirly that way) which I have placed so they can be see front and back (not centred on the sides) I've made the top pattern longer into a dress - it works so easily - just measure the length you want accordindingly. My daughter is pretty average height, so I just used .5 M length of fabric and it turned out to be the perfect length. Using the overlocker again to gather the top of the skirt pieces. Then pulled and gathered to make the skirt a perfect fit to the top / bodice pieces.
Press and stitch the casing for the elastic - I find using a spray starch helps heaps with holding the pressed seams in place for a neat and professional casing.
Elastic going in - shirring would also work great with this pattern!
Now just the bottom hem to go and I decided that a little contrast Binding would add that finishing
Love it - I'm just about to cut out more of these and make some more - they are such a fun and pretty