Friends: Introducing Fi of Dear Fii


Tell us about you

My name is Fi Lech and I live in the foot hill of the Dandenong Ranges outside Melbourne. I have 5 children, a husband and a small army of animals. My favorite colour is red.

How did Dear Fii come about?

Dear Fii came about after I started sewing for friends and family. And then friends of friends and family! Now I get to stay home, look after my family and play with fabric all day :)

Tell us about your products

I make softies and pincushions in all shapes and sizes.I have produced a range of patterns and kits and my new range is just around the corner.

What is your favorite product?

Burrito has my heart, well and truly! He was designed in conjunction with my 9 year old.

Where do you find inspiration for new products/designs?

My children are always drawing and creating new softies. I am enjoying playing with linen and exploring paper piecing at the moment as well.

What does the future hold for Dear Fii?

I hope I get to play with fabric and threads and felt for many moons to come. Lots of new designs, patterns and adventures are on the horizon!



Fi has generously offered to personally make one of her pretty and practical wrist pin cushions for a lucky reader of The Oz Material Girls blog.

To enter, follow our blog then check out the Dear Fii range at Patterns Only and leave a comment below telling us which Dear Fii softie you love most of all.

AND THE WINNER IS...... Wattle Girl..... Congratulations

And pop back tomorrow for Fi's guest post about personalizing softies.

Photobucket